Nova Scotia Federation of Agriculture
Environment & Climate Change Manager
The Nova Scotia Federation of Agriculture (NSFA) represents the interests of Nova Scotia’s agricultural community. Today its members account for well over 90% of all agricultural production in Nova Scotia and brings together farm businesses representing all aspects of primary agriculture in the province. The NSFA tackles policy issues that impact the competitive and sustainable nature of the industry and takes an active role in supporting registered farms through delivery of programs and services. The NSFA supports environmental stewardship and the adoption of best practice with the ultimate goal of preserving and restoring our agricultural ecosystems for generations to come.
The NSFA is currently seeking an Environment and Climate Change Manager to lead the organization’s programs and initiatives supporting NSFA’s environment and climate change priorities. This position will be responsible for managing the Agriculture Climate Solutions Living Lab Consortium, overseeing the Environmental Farm Plan and Species at Risk projects, while continuing to look for opportunities to support the industry’s environmental stewardship.
We are looking for an individual that is passionate about the agriculture industry, climate change mitigation and adaptation, and environmental stewardship. The ideal candidate will have a key understanding of the current challenges facing the industry and will be able to take initiative to identify opportunities to support the farm community. The candidate must be a team player with leadership and collaboration skills.
The NSFA prides itself in providing an enthusiastic work environment and is a tight-knit supportive group encouraging collaboration and sharing of ideas.
- Contribute to the organization’s strategy by providing guidance and expertise in the area of environment and climate change.
- Lead the development of the Agriculture Climate Solutions Living Lab Consortium in Nova Scotia, working with partners and stakeholders to gather information, identify project areas and develop project teams to implement a Living Lab initiative in Nova Scotia.
- Develop Phase 2 Application for the Agriculture Climate Solutions Living Lab program in partnership with stakeholders and advisory team.
- Assuming a successful application to Phase 2 of Agriculture Climate Solutions Living Lab Program, manage and oversee Living Labs program and projects.
- Manage project and program contracts, complete funding and grant applications along with corresponding reporting requirements
- Oversee the Environmental Farm Plan program and staff.
- Oversee Species at Risk projects and other relevant initiatives.
- Master’s Degree in Environment, Natural Resources, Agriculture or related field
- Minimum of three years of relevant working experience
- Knowledge of the agriculture industry, environmental best practices, and climate change adaptation and mitigation strategies
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills
- Experience in conducting practical on-farm research
- Understanding of the program development process and how to implement new initiatives while working with partners and stakeholders across various organizations.
Work With Us
- Starting annual salary between $64,000 and $74,000
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Employer paid health and dental benefits
- Short term and long-term disability plan
- 8% RRSP match following one year of employment
**Position is funded via government funding. Funding confirmed to March 31, 2022 with the expectation of renewal.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Environment & Climate Change” in the subject line by September 22, 2021.